This page collects all information regarding the One Page Dungeon Contest 2013. The results of previous contests are also available (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009).
Check out the Google+ Community, Google+ Page, the Facebook Page, the @onepagedungeons on Twitter or Twitter posts tagged #1pdc.
Dates: Submission deadline was April 30, 0:00 GMT (Tuesday evening). If you live West of Greenwich, you had to send in your submission a few hours before the end of the month. Winners were announced May 25.
|Author ||Dungeon Name ||Category |
|Andrew and Heleen Durston ||Only Acrobats Need Apply ||Best Swashbuckling |
|bygrinstow ||Arena of Blood ||Most Macabre |
|Caelum Roberts ||Iron Cloud ||Best Sci-Fi |
|Daniel O’Donnell ||Down Among the Dead Men ||Best Undead |
|Gus L.||The Brittlestone Parapets ||Best Wizard Duel |
|Jens Thuresson ||The Giant’s Dollhouse ||Best Fairy-Tale |
|Jobe Bittman ||Into The Demon Idol ||Best Homage |
|Josh Burnett ||The Burial Mound of Gilliard Wolfclan ||Best One Shot |
|Kaylee Thumann ||Girly Girl Dungeon ||Most Original |
|LSF ||A Stolen Spring ||Best Fantasy Mystery |
|Matthew W. Schmeer ||Wizard in the Woods ||Best Non-Traditional Map |
|Misha Favorov ||Court of the King of No Men ||Best Beastmen |
|Ramsey Hong ||Something Happened At The Temple Near Glourm ||Best Map |
|Rob S ||Citadel of the Severed Hand ||Best Myconids |
|Roger SG Sorolla ||Devil’s Acre ||Best Single Location |
|S. J. Harris ||The Baleful Spring ||Best Tower |
|Simon Forster ||Church of Consumption ||Best Religion |
Prizes & Sponsors: Do you have prizes to donate? Let me know → email@example.com!
- an anonymous sponsor with $300 via Paypal
- a PDF copy of Clockwork Drama by Blasphemy Press
- a PDF copy of Blasphemous Cocktails by Blasphemy Press
- a PDF copy of Eureka: 501 Adventure Plots to Inspire Game Masters by Engine Publishing
- a PDF copy of Masks: 1,000 Memorable NPCs for Any Roleplaying Game by Engine Publishing
- a PDF copy of Never Unprepared: The Complete Game Master’s Guide to Session Prep by Engine Publishing
- a set of Go First Dice by Eric Harshbarger
- 10 prizes: a PDF of choice from the Goblinoid Games catalog (including Labyrinth Lord, or any of its supplements; Mutant Future; Starships & Spacemen; Star Explorer; Wizards' World; Rotworld; Sandman; Timemaster, or any of its supplements; or any other PDF file from their catalog)
- a PDF copy of DCC #76: Colossus, Arise! by Goodman Games
- a PDF copy of DCC #77: The Croaking Fane by Goodman Games
- a PDF copy of the complete run of Fight On! Magazine by Ignatius Ümlaut
- a PDF copy of Book of Dumb Tables, Book of Dumb Tables 2, Tell Me About Your Character and the QAGS core rules by Hex Games
- a PDF copy of Gilgamesh and the QAGS core rules by Hex Games
- a PDF copy of Laser Ponies and the QAGS core rules by Hex Games
- a PDF copy of Sex, Lies, & Ultra-Spies, Spy Racers and the QAGS core rules by Hex Games
- a PDF copy of the Sindbad Bundle: The Adventures of Sindbad, The Mountains of the Moon: Sindbad in East Africa, Sindbad and the Demon Pumpkin, Sindbad and the Sword of Kingship and the QAGS core rules by Hex Games
- a PDF copy of the complete run of NOD by John Stater
- a bundle of every available LotFP PDF as of June 1 2013, by Lamentations of the Flame Princess
- a year of free Ascendant Membership by Obsidian Portal
- a PDF copy of the complete run of Oubliette by Peter Regan (issues 1-8 and issue 9 when it comes out)
- a pack of goodies from the Pad of Geomorphic Intent Kickstarter including delivery to anywhere in the world by Peter Regan
- a PDF copy of Lords of Olympus by Precis Intermedia
- a PDF copy of Two-Fisted Tales by Precis Intermedia
- a PDF copy of Teratic Tome by Rafael Chandler
- a PDF copy of Take on Dragons by TakeOnRules
- a PDF copy of Take on Establishments by TakeOnRules
- a PDF copy of Take on Magic Items by TakeOnRules
- a PDF copy of Take on the Lower Depths by TakeOnRules
- a printed copy of the TSRS Guidelines by Thom Wilson
- a PDF copy of Dungeon Map Classics by UnderCity Games
- a PDF copy of Classic Campaign Maps by UnderCity Games
- a PDF copy of the three books by VSCA: Diaspora: hard science-fiction role-playing with Fate, Deluge and Hollowpoint
- a PDF copy of The Daughters of Verona and While the World Ends from Wilhelm's Games
Submissions: Here’s how to submit your entry.
- Create a One Page Dungeon.
- Submitting a dungeon to the contest releases it under the Creative Common Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license with credit to the contest participant.
- The submission must have a name, an author, and a link to the license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/).
- The judges and readers play a variety of systems. Don’t waste valuable space with a lot of system-specific stats.
- A link to extra material on your blog such as wandering monsters, random events, adventure background, introduction, descriptions of tricks or traps are welcome for readers but will not be considered part of your submission.
- One entry per participant. Participants may revise/replace their entries up until the end of contest, with the last revision counting as their official entry.
- If your font size is too small to read, you will most probably not win.
- Many people will print your submission as a black and white document. Adding colors is no problem as long as the black and white printed copy is still good enough.
- Help us keep file size in check. A single page should not take more than an image with 3000x2000 pixels (1-2MB is cool, 5MB still works, 10MB is too much).
- Submission must be mailed in PDF format to Alex Schroeder → firstname.lastname@example.org. Usually we can help you convert your Open Office and Microsoft Word documents to PDF.
- If you have a blog article talking about your submission, send us the link. We’d love to link to it from the One Page Dungeon Contest page.
Judges: Alex Schroeder, Erik Jensen, Brett Slocum, Clinton Dreisbach, Thom Wilson, Brennan O’Brien.
Process: Here’s how we’ll determine the winners.
- Every judge nominates their favorite entries and proposes a category for each.
- We try to make sure that every judge has at least three of their nominations in the final list. The idea is to not only reflect popular opinion but to also capture some of the more eclectic entries out there. We’ll make sure that every judge is well represented with three entries each.
- Based on the categories proposed in the first step, we try to assign a category to each entry on the list.
- Judges gets to check whether their favorites are still on the list.
- We fix omissions and rename categories until we’re happy.
- We publish our list of winners!
- We will ask each winner for three items they’d prefer to win and any items they prefer not to win. Then we try to do a best match, giving precedence to those winners that got more nominations in the first step.
- All the entries and a special PDF with all the winners will be available for download at no cost.
- Aaron Frost and Mundi King, Old Guard Tower
- Adam Taylor, Key of Dissension
- Alex Cirsova, The Revelry at Pickett Castle (blog post)
- Andreas Folkesten, Temple of the Demon Speakers
- Andrew and Heleen Durston, Only Acrobats Need Apply
- Barry Pace, Vault of Vintage (blog post)
- bygrinstow, Arena of Blood (blog post)
- C. Martins, Kibhur's Dungeon
- Caelum Roberts, Iron Cloud
- Christian Hollnbuchner, The Mad Riddlers Halls (blog post)
- Cristian Aviles, A Living-Dead Nightmare
- Dan Roy aka Bogie, The Jester's Tomb (large full scale copy of the map)
- Daniel O'Donnell, Down Among the Dead Men
- Doc Brewer, Brewer's Backwoods
- Donny Sanchez, Ten Minute Dungeon
- Dustin Brandt, Clown Robot Doctor Apocalypse
- Dylan Hartwell, Golden Triangle (blog post)
- Dyson Logos, By Esophagus Brood
- Ed Nicholson, Escape from the City of Madness
- Eero Tuovinen, Miscegenation of the Ancients
- Eric Harshbarger, Games People Play
- Erik-Karl Read, The Issue of Blipdoolpoolp (blog post)
- Fco. Javier Barrera, The Black School
- Fraser Nelund, Trouble's Root
- Giuseppe Rotondo, Island Grave of Alsiaurignis
- Greg Haugh, Dragon's Den
- Gus L., The Brittlestone Parapets (blog post)
- Heikki Hallamaa, The Diamond of Hishep-Ratep
- Intrepid Eddie, The Parched Throat (blog post)
- Jacob Wood, Prehistoric Kickboxing Killer Turkeys (blog post)
- Jason Morningstar, La Bassee
- Jim McGarva, Dinner at the In-Laws
- Jim Pacek, The Tavern at the Edge of the World
- Jobe Bittman, Into The Demon Idol (blog post)
- Jeff McKelley, Memento Mori
- John Hazen, Tower of the Toad Lord
- Jens Thuresson, The Giant's Dollhouse (blog post)
- Joe Pruitt, Echoes of Empire
- Jon Picardi, Combat Duality
- Josh Burnett, The Burial Mound of Gilliard Wolfclan
- Joshua J. Laboskie, The Lost Temple of Tyrandraxu (blog post)
- Justin Peeples, Hall of Five Elements (blog post)
- Kaylee Thumann, Girly Girl Dungeon
- Ken Gatzemeyer, The Eternal Maze of the Minotaur
- Kevin Flynn, The Witch's Hut (blog post)
- Lee Mohnkern, Hobrock
- Leicester, Thoorsten's Treasure
- Leslie J. Furlong, Surface
- LSF, A Stolen Spring
- Marten Zabel, Midnight At Halcyons Coven
- Matt Mueller, The Devil's Cell
- Matthew W. Schmeer, Wizard in the Woods (blog post)
- Michael Getridge, The Halls of Power
- Michael Llaneza, The Broken Ring
- Mike Monaco, The Misty Pond (blog post)
- Misha Favorov, Court of the King of No Men
- Nick Wedig, Kingfisher
- Nicolas Senac, The Subterranean Maze of Aarthal (blog post)
- Paul Gorman, Faery Ring to Alpha Ari
- Philipp Hajek, Lost Banner
- ProBono, Great Library Of Hypatia
- Ramsey Hong, Something Happened At The Temple Near Glourm
- Rob S, Citadel of the Severed Hand (blog post)
- Robert Render, Techno Bandit HQ
- Rodney Sloan, Vertigo (blog post)
- Roger SG Sorolla, Devil's Acre (blog post series)
- Roland Volz, The Blackacre Heist
- S. J. Harris, The Baleful Spring
- Scott Slomiany, Assault on the Goblin Hold (blog post)
- Scott W Roberts, The Sea Tower
- Simon Forster, Church of Consumption
- Steve Johnson, Bloodbath at Camp Terrahorra