Session 5: Betrayal and Bandits
In this session, you:
- Discussed battle plans with the rest of your party.
- Recruited a pair of newcomers, [[Iago?]] and [[Tomos?]], as hirelings for a day.
- Used Furnok’s invisiblity ring and Selwyn’s sleep spell to dispose of two bandit sentries without incurring any risk to the party.
- Constructed a makeshift battering ram and used it to knock down the door to the black room.
- Bespelled four bandits to sleep.
- Split the party and chased the remainder out a section of crumbled walls, across the moat, while Cian and Furnok stayed behind to kill the sleeping bandits.
- Fired a shot at one of the bandits, wounding him.
- Were surprised by Tomos and Iago, attempting to isolate and kill the party.
- Disposed of Tomos and Iago and kicked their bodies into the moat.
- Found a chest full of valuable treasure in the bandit’s hiding place.
- Sold it back in town for a significant sum of money.
- Shared 40gp each with everyone in the party, and 8gp for the thus-far-unrewarded Selwyn.
- Cast Cian’s healing spells on Elmer, preparing to return to the moathouse the next day.
- 116 XP to Cian and Harald for share of XP from killing things
- 450 additional XP to Cian and Harald for defeating Tomos and Iago, plot milestones, and clever ideas.