Session 2: Gathering the Party
In this session, you:
- Went to church and received communion.
- Met Sir Rufus and Bruce, got promised aid “if they need anything”, and learned a bit more about the moathouse.
- Met Furnok of Ferd, a “treasure hunter” running a gambling ring around town.
- Exposed Furnok in exchange for free room and board henceforth at the inn.
- Gambled, and lost, with Furnok, making him a shareholder in the expedition to the moathouse.
- Met and recruited Trystan, a caravan guard who had previously fought the bandits in the moathouse.
- Agreed to take along Selwyn the mage, in exchange for all of the scrolls discovered.
- Found out about Elmer, the best tracker in town.
- Visited the trading post and bought a hunting dog, christened “Winston”.
- Managed to befriend said hunting dog.
- Met and recruited Elmer, in exchange for chainmail and a “big axe” (costing virtually all of the party’s remaining money.)
- Drew a horoscope for Harald, revealing that he’s a king’s son and likely to become a king himself someday.
- Drew up plans to bring the horses to the moathouse and scout the place out; thus preparing to chase the bandits on horseback if they tried to flee.
- Kept the pony and the hunting dog stabled at the inn.
- Four new henchmen (Elmer the ranger, Selwyn the mage, Trystan the fighter, and Furnok the thief)
Next session will be on Sunday, August 23rd. Time to actually visit the moathouse!