“Are you ok with the setting?” → Yes. I don’t have a preference regarding high-magic or low-magic.
“special races like the winged Volar or the giant Aesyr” → Less is more. Let’s add them when we are bored, not right now.
“Any thoughts about the Gryx from the core rules?” → I haven’t read it.
“I don’t ask whether you want to be the good or the bad guys because this will be determined by your decisions in the game.” → Perhaps you should ask whether we’re ok with player vs. player.
– Alex 2011-09-22 22:27 UTC
“Are you ok with the setting?” → It feels like HARP is a low magic system, but maybe that’s just me, so we should probably go with what fits?
“special races like the winged Volar or the giant Aesyr” → Less is more.
“Any thoughts about the Gryx from the core rules?” → Since they are suposed to be peaceful farmers they can stay in the fields, safely out of our way for now…
“I don’t ask whether you want to be the good or the bad guys because this will be determined by your decisions in the game.” → You mean it’s possible to play good guys?
– Lioc 2011-09-23 20:01 UTC
I numbered the point so you could refer to the numbers. But citing is also fine
1. The way the magic system in HARP works is that you learn spells like skills. I wonder whether ordinary people might be able to pick up one or the other spell.
2. I agree on that.
3. If nobody wants to play a Gryx I will just keep them as template for semi-bestial races like Half-Orcs. In any case, there won’t be a lot of them around.
4. Looking forward to some interesting in-character discussions
– Durgan 2011-09-24 11:13 UTC
1. The setting is great. I for my part could do with a little magic. Not overpowered, but a fireball here or there
2. No thanks. I really prefer the standard Tolkien ones with some minor changes…
3. … such as the Gryx. Stupid name, yes. And even with almost always playing humans this time I went for a liiiittle drop of Gryx blood, just to spice things up a little, add a little fantasy and - let´s face it - it just goes well with my background story.
4. To me less pvp means more fun (I´m a plot hunter)
– Berni 2012-02-09 23:18 UTC