Requirements: Musician skill, Instrument. Solve a life-threatening problem with music.
Each level of Bard gives you +1 Magic Die.
- Riffs, Cantrips
- Get Loud
Each template, learn 2 random riffs.
Riffs are like spells in nearly every regard, except:
- You may play 1 riff per Magic Die rolled at the start of a song.
- Riffs are only active while you continue to play music. You can continue to play music for multiple rounds.
- Riffs effect everyone who can hear them (Approximately 1 zone away).
You may do one of these at any time:
- You may make a piercing whistle, and may choose to make it inaudible to humans.
- You may infect someone with an ear-worm of up to 30 seconds in length, lasting for 1d8 hours and recurring 1d6 hours later on a failed save.
- You may transmit basic messages and commands through your instrument.
Spend a watch singing the tales of your adventures in a crowded place. Choose one of the following:
- Earn 2d6 gp
- Get a free room
- Learn a rumor
- Acquire a groupie (torchbearer)
- Calm an angry mob
The second time you do this per week, it requires a successful CHR test. Subsequent times, this test has disadvantage.
Use your instrument to make a loud, horrible noise. All spellcasters in range will be unable to cast spells. All attacks in range will be made with disadvantage.
Your range increases to 2 zones away.
- Song of Healing: Allies gain 1d6 Grit.
- Song of Resistance: Allies gain +1 to saves.
- Song of Scaresome Might: Enemies take -1 to morale.
- Song of Battle: Allies gain +1 Attack.
- Song of Inspiration: Enemies take -1 to hit.
- Song of Courage: Allies gain resistance to fear.
- Song of Spells: Enemies must pass save vs magic to cast a successful spell.
- Song of Luck: Allies will make a successful critical strike on 19-20.
- Song of the Fleetfoot: Allies may move and attack in the same turn.
- Song of Discord: Enemies must save vs magic or be deafened.
- Song of Softness: Enemies deal -1 damage.
- Song of Striking: Allies gain + 1 damage.
Based on This Bard.