Prices listed are standard, may change based on availability
Piles of Coins
In a dungeon, coins are measured in piles, one pile fills one inventory slot. Counting the exact number of coins in a pile takes about an hour, they’re usually 100-300. (1d20x10+100)
Armor and Shields
- Standard armor piece, 7gp. +1 defense.
- Masterwork armor piece, 15gp. +2 defense
- Shield, 10gp. +1 defense, can be sundered to reduce incoming damage by 6.
- Light Melee Weapons, 2gp. Deal 1d4 damage and ignore 1 point of defense.
- Medium Melee Weapons, 6gp. Deal 1d6 damage.
- Heavy Melee Weapons, 12gp. Deal 1d8 damage and require 2 hands to wield.
Pole arms grant advantage when making free attacks against a target who just entered your zone, and disadvantage when fighting in tight spaces.
Whips grant advantage when attempting a combat maneuver, but disadvantage when dealing damage.
- Light Ranged Weapons, 2gp. Deal 1d4 damage and can hit targets in an adjacent zone. They can be reloaded instantly.
- Medium Ranged Weapons, 6gp. Deal 1d6 damage, can hit targets 2 zones away. They require 2 hands to wield and a full round to reload.
- Heavy Ranged Weapons, 12gp. Deal 1d8 damage and can hit targets 3 zones away. They require 2 hands to wield and a successful save to reload.
Cross out a gear bubble to reload.
Firearms ignore armor, but misfire on a fumble, dealing 1d4 damage to the wielder. When wielding a firearm, you must reload after every shot.
When wielding a bow, you pull the last arrow from your quiver after a fumble. Reload after your next shot. Arrows are destroyed on use.
When wielding a thrown weapon, you grab the last one after a fumble. They can be recovered after a fight - unless you flee.
- Potions have a one-time magical effect. You can get a hint about what a potion does by smelling it, but can only know for sure by drinking the full dose or pouring it out. Potions are prone to fall damage, and may mix chaotically when broken.
- Scrolls hold magic spells. They can be burnt to cast with 1 Magic Die, though a character could add magic dice of their own. A wizard can transfer spells from a scroll to their spell book and vice versa. Scrolls are prone to water, fire, or acid damage. A blank scroll can be prepared for 100gp.
- Spell Books are like a bunch of scrolls, bound in a waterproof, fireproof cover. They cost upwards of 3000gp if available at all.
- Wands and Staves contain spell slots. Anyone with Magic Dice may use a loaded Wand or Staff to cast a spell.
- Wizard Robes and Hats grant Magic Dice to the wearer. Even a fighter wearing a Wizard Hat gets +1MD.
- Tempered Items are special magic items powered by the regrets of their past owners. Each regret becomes a slot containing a power, knowledge, spell or curse. When you touch one, you become aware of all of its slots, though only one is available right away. The rest must be unlocked by satisfying the associated regret. Curses take effect immediately, but their cure must be unlocked.
First week paid upfront.
- Craftsman, 20gp per week to craft, build, repair.
- Mercenary, 15gp per week to fight.
- Torchbearer, 2gp per week to carry, travel.
- Specialist, 100gp per week to perform highly-skilled tasks.
Typically, only Torchbearers and Mercenaries will go on adventures.
Mercenaries fight alongside you, granting a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls. If you would take flesh damage, there is a 50% chance one of your Mercenaries will die instead.
Each player may have up to 4 hirelings.
Animals and Transport
- Falcon, 1gp.
- Dog, 1gp. 1/2 Carry.
- Mule, 8gp. 1 Carry.
- Horse, 10gp. 2 Carry
- Warhorse, 25gp. 2 Carry.
- Cart, 3gp. 4 Carry.
- Wagon, 15gp. 8 Carry.
- Canoe, 3gp. 3 Carry. 4 SHP.
- Raft, 3gp. 6 Carry. 2 SHP.
- Riverboat, 100gp. 8 Carry. 5 SHP.
- Sailboat, 600gp. 12 Carry. 6 SHP.
1 Carry = 1 person and their gear OR 20 inventory slots.
SHP = Ship Hit Points. Only goes down on hits dealing 10 or more damage.
Prices are for materials, divide time by number of craftsmen employed. Buildings marked with * also require a specialist engineer to supervise.
- Shack, 1gp. 1 day.
- House, 10gp. 1 week.
- Workshop, 100gp. 1 week.
- Tennant, 100gp. 3 weeks.
- Shrine, 300gp. 1 day.
- Church*, 1000gp. 1 month.
- Tower/wall*, 1000gp. 1 month.
- Keep*, 5000gp. 3 months.
- Manor/Temple*, 10,000gp. 7 months.
- Empty Gear Bubbles, 25gp.
- Sack of Supplies, 30gp. Can be used to empty your gear bubbles while out of a settlement. Takes 1 inventory slot.
- Hostel Room, 1gp/night. Sleep with one eye open.
- Private Room, 5gp/night.
- Round of Drinks, 10-60gp. Learn 1 rumor.
- Surgery, 50gp/day. +1 Flesh.