Chase, camping [[GM_stats?]] Monster Summoning
2d6 in the dungeon
|2||Caught! The party is cornered and surprised|
|3||Caught! The party is cornered|
|4||Caught! The party is surprised|
|5,6||Caught! it’s a fight|
|7,8||Got Away! choose two from the list|
|9,10||Got Away! choose one from the list|
|11,12+||you made it, no problem|
- separated (groups of 1d4+1)
- had to drop shields and backpacks (only held and belt-items remain)
- got lost (no placement on map)
- you left a clear track to your current location
- it takes a long time
Only check if the party has these
- +1 pursuers outnumber party
- +1/-1 there is an elf in a forest on either side
- -1 party’s slowest member has lower MV than the fastest pursuer
- -2 as above but MV difference is 2:1
- +1 low light
- +2 every party member is invisible
- -1 pursuers have trained trackers or tracking beasts
1) Campsite; 2) Meals; 3) Watches; 4) Encounters; 5) Recovery 6) Downtime
Step 1: Campsite
What will you sleep on? Are there beds? Bedrolls? the floor?
What is your shelter? Tents? A building? Nothing?
How warm is it? In mountains and caves one blanket per person is required for comfortable sleep. In tropic heat no comfortable sleep is possible (unless you are a native to the climate).
Step 2: Meals
What do you eat? Fresh/Travel/Iron rations? Can you cook (Fresh and Travel rations can be cooked)?
Do you have enough water if you don’t eat? (normally included in rations)
Were you at a banquet/feast?
Step 3: Watches
There are four watch periods à two hours. A character can complete a watch period and still get enough rest to become well rested the next day.
Step 4: Encounters
The time of an encounter is determined randomly (1d4) and occurs during a watch period.
The rate of encounters is: 1d10 at night while stationary and 1d8 during the day when stationary.
Step 5: Recovery
Spell Points (SP) are recovered at 1/level for every rest period.
Hit Points (HP) are recovered at (1+level)/rest. All penalties and bonuses are cumulative.
|HP bonus||HP penalty||SP penalty|
|+1 cooked food||-3 no food||-1 too cold|
|+2 Banquet/feast||-2 not enough food*||-1 too hot|
|+1 Booze!*a||-1 no bedding||-3 exposed to bad weather|
|+2 Dwarven Lager*a||-3 exposed to bad weather||-2 not enough food|
|+1 Down matress||-1 too hot||-1 not enough rest|
|+2 featherwood bedframe||-1 too cold||-1 there was an encounter|
- less than 2’500 Kcal/person
- a Hung over (-2 to rolls) the next day until rest if consumed without food.
Step 6: Downtime
Only occurs between sessions. The standard period is 1 week of resting. SP recovery is thus 7 (14 if level 5 or higher) HP recovery is thus assumed to be complete (heal to full). Exceptions to this can be: disease, curse,