Rodolfo’s Resource Ramp
Rodolfo sells Trade Goods by the ton (every 5 tons your ship carries make it slower by one Hex). These prices have stood for a century and he will not haggle.
- Luxuries: 1’000 / ton
- Everyday: 350 / ton
- Basic: 100 / ton
Veteran trainer Dee sells Wardogs (retainer, 100 silvers, 2HD, AC7, F2, MV15) and can train wild animals you have captured on your travels.
- Specialty: Canines, the base chance to fail is waived on training these
- 20% base chance to FAIL
- +10% for every HD above 2
- +10% for every leg above 4
- +10% for each extra head
- +10% the creature has more than one attack per round
- +30 for each of the following: Acidic, Aquatic, Fire Breathing, Flying, Petrifying, Poisonous and other difficulties
The fee for training animals is 50 for 1 HD and doubles with every HD above that (e.g. a 5HD Bear would cost 800 (50>100>200>400>800) to train and have a 50% (20+3x10) chance to fail. A giant poisonous crag spider (2HD) would cost 100 (50>100) silvers and have a 90% (20+4x10+30) chance to fail )
Disclaimer: except in the case of dogs, in which Dee specializes in, the creature might not refrain from occasionally resuming its natural behaviour, i.e. cats will be lazy, sharks will become crazed by blood in the water, spiders will pause to weave webs etc. These regresses are subject to morale rolls.
You can buy Packhorses (20 carry capacity, retainer, MV10) or Riding horses (4 carry capacity, retainer, MV18)
The Temple of the Marids
Senior Navigator Renal can bless your expedition (+1 to any one d100 roll, spend it wisely) for a donation of 50 silvers
You can rest and eat here for free as a subject of the crown (all expenses are paid for by the Navigators’ Society) or for 3 silvers per day.
Three of the establishment’s corners hold separées, partitioned off the rest of the common room with heavy curtains for private conversations (the fourth corner houses the bar). One of them is always occupied by [[Linvail?]] and his three bulky associates.
- You can spend 5 silvers to buy free beer to attract 1d6 recruits
- You can spend 25 silvers on flyers to be distributed to attract 1d6+1 recruits
- You can spend 100 silvers to hire a town crier to attract 1d6+2 recruits
You can hire crewmen (as mercenaries) for 10 / head, with a wage of 2 payable at the end of each month
[[Pagle?]], expert fisherman and Alchemist. Each potion or oil costs 500 silvers and counts as equipment (i.e. you will not get XP for spending the money). 50% off if you bring your own materials.
- Firefin Snapper Oil: Hot n’Spicy! consumed, ignore the first die of cold damage whenever you take damage, lasts 8 hours. Firefin Snappers are a rare kind of fish, found in tropical water and rich fishing grounds. Due to their natural spicyness, they are sought after even by non-alchemists.
- Oily Blackmouth Oil: an EXCELLENT lubricant! when applied to the skin, immunity to movement impairing effects such as magical or natural (spider)webs, entangling roots and plants, the grip of a wrestler or a giant bird etc. Lasts 1 hour or 10 minutes in hot and dry conditions. even works through armor! Oily Blackmouth is a rare kind of fish found in temperate waters and rich fishing grounds.
- Filet of Redgill (fish-)Smoothie: Goes down like the real thing! restores 1d8+1 HP when consumed, but goes rancid quickly (4 days) and only restores the minimum amount of HP after that date. Redgill is a fish you can occasionaly find in lakes.
- Extract of Winter’s Bite: Restores 3 spell points when consumed fully. You can also drink it in smaller portions. (Winter’s Bite is a flower that only grows under meters of snow and withers once exposed to temperate (10°C) air, hard to find)