Search: Find Page:
=Treasure Map From Hill Giant Lair
There is a well-worn and edge tattered parchment.
This map has well-drawn lines indicating hills, streams, and other terrain features. While all of this is recognizable, it is in a style that is different from the maps you have seen. It seems foreign and perhaps ancient.
There is writing on it in ancient scripts. Multiple scribes are evident. Some more skilled and perhaps more educated than others. Some of the writing appears cut off by the tattered areas.
* Scribe 1 - This text seems to be written skillfully with both technical and artistic skill and flourish.
* Scribe 2 - This is written in an unknown script in an unknown language. What there is of it is legible, and mostly neat. How formal or well written it might be is unclear.
* Scribe 3 - This is written crudely, and obviously in haste. It may be a different language based on the variations from the script used by Scribe 1.
**Comprehend Languages -**
* Scribe 1 - "My time has come, it is unavoidable without giving in to abomination, which I shall never do. I have prepared the defenses and shielded my accumulated efforts from the eyes of the most hideous abomination and his servants. Only those who both bear this map and follow its instructions on the proper moon are ensured of safe entry to the abode of my former self. It is with my last efforts before sealing my tomb and laying within my sarcophagus as I breathe my last. I have made provisions for it to be sealed as I expire.
TRAPZIGOR ARNTILLAC [[Trapzigor Arntillac]]"
[There is a blurred symbol that indicates the cycle of the moon to read the parchment for more information.]
* Scribe 2 - "We cannot use this until the proper moon. These riches are //beyond bearing//, if what this says is correct."
* Scribe 3 - "My Master has commanded me to take this to the ancient halls of the [[Wizards of The East]] that the secrets of his long studies are neither lost nor fall into the wrong hands.
My Master's tomb can only be entered by following his instructions.
There is wealth beyond bearing within. I am not tempted to venture within, as my Master has rewarded me with enough wealth to keep me well fed, entertained, and pleasured for the rest of my days. Furthermore, I know that death awaits all who try to enter without the proper understanding.
The fools in town thought I knew all my Master's secrets, even those of a mystical nature. I told them I did not know, and warned them not to attempt to enter his resting place. Master placed much riches where the determined might reach, and yet live. The riches for the taking and digging no further. The fools were not satisfied with what they found and brought the destruction of the town upon their heads.
I am not as young as when I first took service with my Master, and only just escaped with my life, and the bag of gems my Master granted me. Not without injury to my leg. I now walk slowly and with a stick. My animal is dead and I am forced to walk to the east. I fear that bandits and thieves will set upon me in my condition. I hope and pray to [[The Justicemaker]] that if I fail to reach the Great Halls and Chambers of the [[Wizards of the East]] that a truthful and righteous person will find this and take it to it's destination."
[[INTRODUCTION]] - [[HomePage]] - [[https://campaignwiki.org/wiki/TheBrokenLands?action=index|Index]] - [[Deities]] - [[Communities]] - [[Geographical Features]] - [[Campaign Related Links]] - [[Session Summaries]] - [[Characters]] - [[People]] - [[Places]] - [[Documents]] - [[Items]]
This change is a minor edit.
See Info for markup rules.
To save this page you must answer this question:
Please say HELLO.
Please say HELLO.
Replace this text with a file