- Backstory and Appearance: Find character art to represent yourself - Google Image Search is handy here, as is the Herolab portrait library. Feel free to ask for help if you can’t find anything. Additionally, write up a quick backstory for your character and make sure to incorporate the campaign trait you’ve picked, as well as why you’ve come to Kenabres.
- Stat Generation: 20 point buy. No stat above 18 after racial modifiers. Trust me, you’ll have a lot of chances to bump your ability scores. Start off well-rounded.
- Alignment: Good characters are strongly preferred, though neutral characters are permissible if you don’t mind the paladins looking down their noses at you.
- Motivation: Your character should have a reason to be in Mendev, particularly in the border city of Kenabres.
- Races: All core races, as well as Aasimar, and Tiefling. Other races may be permissible - ask the GM.
- Classes: No summoners. None of the Occult Mysteries classes. If you were waiting for the AP to play a Paladin, this is the one.
- Prestige Classes: Blackfire Adept is not allowed. Nothing that requires an evil alignment is allowed. There’re some interesting opportunities for Riftwardens.
- Archetypes: Regional or racial archetypes that you wouldn’t normally qualify for may be acceptable on a case by case basis. (Example, I’ll allow Halfling Filcher as a general rogue archetype)
- Traits: Each character receives two traits and a bonus campaign trait. See the Wrath of the Righteous Player's Guide for further detail. As written, the traits are tied to specific mythic paths, but don’t worry about that - we’ll adjust to fit the mythic path you choose. If multiple players wish to pick the same campaign trait, work with each other to have the backstory make sense.
- Religion: Several faiths are particularly relevant to the adventure path. Iomedae and Desna, in particular, play a significant role. Other major deities that come up include Erastil, Sheyln, and the Empyreal Lord Pulura. (By no means are you required to worship one of the listed deities, it’s just that there are some particular moments where they come up.)
- Downtime: There will be several parts of the AP where significant downtime is present. Not Kingmaker levels, but expect the entire AP to play out over the course of about a year. Contrary to the Player’s Guide, though, do not expect the Ultimate Campaign downtime rules to be used.
- Enemies: Demons may, in fact, come up in this adventure. Bear in mind what that means - immunity to poison, electricity, resistant to elemental spells, damage reduction overcome by cold iron or good, greater teleport at will, etc… Most of the other encounters in the AP are against humanoids of varying types, with a scattering of undead and the occasional hellwasp swarm.
Once your character and backstory are ready, please email the details to the GM so they may begin plotting.