Search: Find Page:
Welcome to the **Dungeon of Wittermixe!**
This is a play-by-post asynchronous side game.
## Super Brief Synopsis
It's a random generated dungeon with a home base on Level 0. Try to get Level 13!
If you want more background, see the [[Less Brief Wittermixe Synopsis]].
Active characters here.
| Character | XP | Level | Status | Player | Title |
| [[Bug]] | 3,121 / 5,000 | M-U2 | active | Trusty McGurk | Seer |
| [[Marleene]] | 3,512 / 5,000 | M-U2 | active | ahab | Seer |
| [[Vulman]] | 743 / 2,000, 708 / 2,500 | Elf: F1, M-U1 | active | ThatOneDrow | Fighter/Medium |
See also: [[Wittermixe Halls of the Fallen]], [[Wittermixe Archived Characters]], [[Hirelings]]
* character & equipment:
** text-only: http://character.totalpartykill.ca/dd/text/ <- may make for a cleaner copy-paste to wiki
** not-text-only: http://character.totalpartykill.ca/dd/
* names: https://wizardawn.and-mag.com/tool_names.php (or make up your own)
The base rules reference will be latest development version of [Delving Deeper v5](http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=113), defaulting to [Delving Deeper v4](http://ddo.immersiveink.com/) when necessary.
The following house rules are in effect:
**Universal Ability Score Modifiers**
| Ability Score | Modifier |
| 3 | -2 |
| 4-6 | -1 |
| 7-14 | 0 |
| 15-17 | +1 |
| 18 | +2 |
* Strength: damage in melee, open doors
* Wisdom: surprise
* Constitution: add to total HP
* Dexterity: to hit rolls
* Charisma: reaction checks, loyalty of hirelings
**Other rules & rulings:**
* **Encumbrance:** You have inventory slots equal to average of Strength & Constitution. Beyond that you are **encumbered**. You can carry an absolute max of Strength x2 for brief periods.
** Most items take up 1 slot.
** Some items are *bulky* and by default take up 2 slots.
** Some items are *small* and by default 5 of them take up 1 slot.
** Some items are *tiny* and by default 100 of them take up 1 slot.
** Some items (e.g. 10ft pole, polearms) must be carried rather than stowed (common sense).
** Coins (of any type) are *tiny*.
* **Seeing in the Dark:** None of the player classes can see in the supernatural darkness of the dungeon (dwarfs are an exception, see below). Monsters *can* see in the dungeon without artificial aid, but they lose this ability if they come into the service of a player character.
* **Casting Spells:**
** Durations in *turns* are assumed to be in the active scale during the time they were cast. A spell cast in the midst of combat will resolve in a number of combat turns, while a spell cast during exploration will last for a number of exploration turns, etc.
** Spells may be *dismissed* by their caster before the duration is over.
* **Dying:** At 0hp you're stunned for 1 round & make a save vs paralysis. Failed save means you're **taken out**, unable to fight or act for the rest of combat, and suffer the effect of a d6 roll on the **Death & Dismemberment** table:
** 1 - you Die Immediately
** 2-3 - a Horrible Wound reduces a random ability score by 1-6 points, plus receive treatment in 1-6 rounds or die
** 4-5 - Wounded Unto Death (receive treatment in 1-6 rounds or die), but no lasting consequences if you survive
** 6 - **Adrenaline Surge!** You're on your last legs, at 0hp, but still fighting & not *taken out*.
* **Rest:** After a combat you may choose to rest for one turn. PCs are assumed to doff helm & lay down arms, and take a breather, bandage cuts, etc. They consume 1 unit of *supplies*. Chances of being surprised are doubled, but 1-6 hp may be regained (though not more than were lost in the previous combat).
* **Healing & Disposition:** Before a new session each PC may roll their current HD. If the total is higher than their *current* HP, they take the higher total. This represents any healing progress the PC has been able to make on Level Zero, as well any change (for the better) in their disposition to fight.
* **Oil:** 1 round to prepare. Throw a normal attack; target takes 1-6 damage on a hit, and 1-6 damage the following round unless the fire is smothered. No splash.
** Improve AC by 1 for frontal attacks.
** Sacrifice your shield to negate the damage & effect of any single hit.
** Helms will be dashed off by a hit on which the damage die shows a 6. Damage is rerolled for that hit, and the helm must save or be destroyed.
* **Main Gauche:** +1 to-hit or -1 to AC, whichever applies first in a round.
* **Two-Handed Weapon:** Roll 2 damage dice & take the highest.
* **Crossbows:** A crossbow does not throw twice per turn if the wielder is stationary, as long or shortbow would.
* **Inheritance:** each PC should feel free to make whatever arrangements they like. If deeded possessions are stored on Level Zero, the authorities will exact a 5% death tax. If possessions are stored in the dungeon (level 1 and lower), it will be up to the heir to retrieve said possessions, but if they are able to do so, they avoid the death tax.
* **Dwarfs:** Dwarfs can see just as well in darkness as in light, but they see only in monochrome -- except for previous metals and gems, the colours of which they can perceive.
** Following *Men & Magic*, most humans are assumed to speak a Common Tongue. All other creatures have a 20% chance to speak Common. Alignment languages are also available when Common is not.
** The party is assumed to speak Common when addressing monsters & NPCS, unless otherwise specified.
** _Charm Person_: If the saving throw is failed, the charmed figure will henceforth be treated as a retainer to the caster, with behavior being determined by loyalty & morale rules. No initial offer of coin nor reaction check is necessary, though loyalty should be determined as normal, and probably adjusted as time goes on for difference in alignment, if any. (Detailed thoughts on this ruling can be found [[http://rpg.acodispo.net/posts/charm-person/|on the Werdna World blog]].)
* **Coins:** 1 gp = 10 sp = 100 cp = 1000 ig (iron groats)
## Level 0
The "first" level of The Dungeon of Wittermixe -- the arrival point for all newcomers -- is known as **Level 0**.
There are various shops, public houses, barracks & lodging houses,
Here's what you can do on Level 0:
* Purchase anything from the DDv5 extended equipment lists ([[http://download.immersiveink.com/DDRefRulesV5/HeroesAndMagicV5_Gamma_20180723.pdf|Heroes & Magic]], pg. 46). Also:
** Supplies (replaces rations/food), 2gp (small).
** A well-made mining pick can be had for 10gp.
** rat-catching equipment with 5 cages is 1gp
** 10-foot pole with hooks is 2gp
** Half-mask in silver, 50gp
** piece of chalk, 1cp (tiny)
** grappling hook, 8sp
** figure-eight descender 5sp (small)
** primitive carabiner 1gp (small)
** primitive bolt cutters 1gp (bulky)
* Safely store equipment & gold.
* [Craft a single spell scroll](http://ddo.immersiveink.com/#creating-spell-scrolls). You're assumed to have time between delves in which to craft one scroll.
* Purchase spell scrolls up to level 3 from various enterprising wizards. These cost twice what it costs for a PC wizard to craft one (1st level: 200gp; 2nd level: 400gp; 3rd level: 600gp).
* Purchase some potions:
** Potion of Curing - 300gp
* ID magic items for 100gp per item.
* **Hirelings/Henchmen:** There are relatively few people living in Level 0, but some would be willing to join you in your delves. Mercenaries & regular hirelings are not available, but...
** Recruitment of (often unsavory) henchfolk & retainers costs d6x100gp.
** The retainer found is determined by the DM. If you don't have enough to cover the cost, your hireling's loyalty may not be as great as you might wish, or they may have something else peculiar about them.
** Generally retainers will ask for a half share of any treasure, plus expenses.
** In most cases only one hire may be made per adventure, and the maximum employed at any given time is determined by Charisma.
This change is a minor edit.
See Info for markup rules.
To save this page you must answer this question:
Please say HELLO.
Please say HELLO.
Replace this text with a file